Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A new week


Here we are in a new week. Yesterday we were thrown off a bit because we went to San Marcos to help my sister and to get my new hutch and table and chairs. I am really excited! I have been anxious to get my pretty dishes out of the box, and now... 2 years after our move... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! :) ok... Raise your hand if you can believe it has been 2 years?! Ya... me either. March 26, 2007 we pulled out of the church parking lot and into our new life!
Anyway, sorry, that was a little off subject... So, we didn't do school on Friday, then we only did school for a little bit yesterday, so this week is going to be playing catch-up. Such fun! Started off rocky.. Ez took 4 hours to do his Geography... :-S frustrated me just a little... *sigh* So, hopefully, by the end of Friday, we will be all caught up!
Tomorrow we are going to start a new thing. There is a family at our church who have become good friends of ours... Tami, the mom... :) has her grandmother living with them. She has Alzheimer's and is getting worse little by little.. she is almost 90 years old. So, between homeschooling 3 daughters, having her hubby working from home, and taking care of her grandmother, Tami doesn't get such a thing as time for herself. So, the boys and I are going to start going over there on Wednesday to have lunch with Gramma Char. *short for charlette* I am going to cook lunch here, and serve up some for hubby, then take the rest with us to eat. Then we will get to spend a couple hours with her. She is a very interresting lady. She worked for..... darn.. I can't remember right now, but I will get the whole story again tomorrow.. anyway, it was missions work.. and she has been all over the world. Africa was her fave so she talks alot about that! I will let you know how that goes! I am going to post a picture of me and her.... ummm and I look scary because I was telling the camera to WORK!!! Later!

1 comment:

Sydni said...

Two years already?! Man time flies! I think it's neat you are reaching out to this family. ~Sydni