Thursday, February 26, 2009

A new day

Well, yesterday was rough. I have gotten up today determined that this is going to be a better day. For that to happen, my attitude has to be better first. My kids will follow my lead.
Luke 6:45 "The good man, out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart." I guess when I have days where I am freaking out, and don't have the patience to parent, I am showing what is in my heart. I have started going to a new study at our church on Saturday mornings. We are studying the book attitudes of a transformed heart. Ephesians 4:22 "That in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, 23: and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24: and put on the new self which in the likeness of God, has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth."
I need to remember that I am daily supposed to be putting off the old man... that isn't me.. or shouldn't be anymore. When I struggle with anger, and frustration and selfishness and pride.. and all of those other things, I need to get on my knees! I need to constantly be giving my life to God and daily turning to Him to help me through the hard days. Thank God that He will and has forgiven me for days like this! Lord, help me to have fewer and fewer!
Psalm 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments: